Monday 4 February 2008

Westminster Abbey

I wrote this blog three weeks ago, but it never got posted. Oops! Because I wrote it so long ago and never did use pictures for it, one or two are repeats. Well here it is. Enjoy it.

Yesterday we toured Westminster Abbey after class. It is a gorgeous church with hundreds of elaborate memorials to kings, queens, saints, and all sorts of other people. But there is no photography inside, so I don't have any pictures of all the great stuff in there. I do, however have a some awesome pictures to share, anyway.


Across the street to get the full front of the abbey.

An inscription on the front wall.

I don't know why this picture won't rotate, but just tilt your head to the left. This is from the inner courtyard of the abbey.

The ceilings in the outdoor passageways. If you think these are cool, the ones inside are even better.

Again in the inner courtyard.

I'm doing some catch up on blogs now. I've gotten a little behind. I have two or three more to post soon. It was good to see everyone who was at the Superbowl party at my house on skype!

2 comments:

E l i s e in London said...

Sweet pics! I've uploaded some of you to my blog on the Operating Theatre. Also, I have more on my camera...so the next time you come up to our flat, I'll give you my memory card. Later!

Elise

Dawn T said...

Hey Josh! Looks like you are having a wonderful time...love reading your updates.

Dawn Trogdon